Neutrogena Redness-Soothing Itching Powder

I bought Neutrogena Redness-Soothing Cream Cleanser with high hopes. I've been using it for about three days (at night only), and when I use it my face itches.
I don't remember ever having this problem with any other products. I really wanted this cleanser to work, but I've decided not to push my luck and risk some awful allergic reaction. Three nights of wannabe-redness-soothing itchiness is enough for me. I'll just try to return the stuff.
The cleanser starts to itch after it's been on my face five to ten seconds. I thoroughly wet my hands and massage my entire face to make sure the cleanser isn't starting to dry while on my skin, but it still itches. My face feels a little itchy when I rinse it off, but the itchiness completely goes away after I use toner.
I think it's the fragrance in the Neutrogena Redness-Soothing Cream Cleanser that's irritating my skin. When I popped the top and sniffed the product, I hardly smelled anything. But when I start massaging it on my face, oh boy that scent is strong! Why did Neutrogena put irritating ingredients in a redness-soothing cleanser?
The Neutrogena Redness-Soothing Cream Cleanser actually came with a free sample attached to it... but the sample just contains Neutrogena Redness-Soothing Cream Cleanser. It would've been nice if the sample included Neutrogena Redness-Soothing Gel Cleanser, because I'd like to be able to try that out, but after my experience with the cream cleanser I'm not going risk wasting time and money to buy any other products in the line.
I'm not sure what to try next. There's Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream Cleanser and Eucerin Redness Relief Soothing Cleanser.
I've been interested in Eucerin's Redness Relief line, but most of the products contain drying alcohol. The cleanser contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which also makes me pause.
Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream Cleanser seems gentle, but Feverfew is way low on the list of ingredients. I tried Aveeno Ultra-Calming Night Cream a few years ago, but it didn't work. It always burned a little when I massaged it into my skin. I used the whole jar but didn't notice any improvements.
So, the moral of this story is that skincare companies don't pay attention. People with facial redness probably have sensitive skin, too. This means redness-soothing products should not contain fragrance, drying alcohol, or harsh sulfates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! *^_^*

"Say NO to Captcha"! I do! Help me spread the word and get Bloggers to turn off word verification! Click the link for details.

Instagram