Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash with NutriumMoisture

This stuff is supposed to be da bomb. I've been using it for a couple months or so... and I'm not seeing it.

A lot of people also love Dove Beauty Bar (including my SO). I've tried using it a couple times, but it dries out my skin and makes me itchy. I don't know why.

Learn More About Dove Beauty Bar:

For a while I used body washes for acne (pHisoderm anti-blemish body wash; JASON Natural Tea Tree Oil Satin Soap - yes, it's for hands and face, but I have sensitive skin and this is a huge bottle). Then I read about big beauty breakthroughs in Allure magazine, and it talked about how Dove with NutriumMoisture was this totally amazing thing. So yeah, reading that a product is a scientific breakthrough can influence me to buy it. I know, I'm weak.


So, I got Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash with NutriumMoisture. It's supposed to replenish lipids lost during cleansing and penetrate deep down to moisturize.

Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash with NutriumMoisture

INGREDIENTS: Water, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil or Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Sodium Isethionate, Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lauryl Alcohol, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Etidronic Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance, Pentaerithrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, BHT.

I like that it's unscented. It's very creamy and doesn't seem to irritate my skin. Is it a miracle in a bottle? Not that I can tell. My skin is still itchy sometimes after I step out of the shower (I had that problem before I switched to Dove with NutriumMoisture). So the body wash doesn't cause any problems, but I haven't seen it fix any, either.

Maybe it's the frog in the frying pan thing. I'll stop using it and see if I notice any changes.

By the way, Dove's bottles are very thoughtlessly designed. The narrow, curved top makes it impossible to store the bottle upside down. Dove likes to make thick, moisturizing formulas which are great but require upside down storage. They need to seriously rethink their packaging: it's designed for style without any consideration for consumers' needs.

Unless the Dove with NutriumMoisture turns out to do amazing things for my skin, the inconvenient packaging alone is enough to keep me from repurchasing.

Learn More About Dove Body Wash with NutriumMoisture:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! *^_^*

"Say NO to Captcha"! I do! Help me spread the word and get Bloggers to turn off word verification! Click the link for details.

Instagram